Re: CHINESE STEEL

Bill

There has been issues with the seam welding on HSS members, and mis-identification of high strength bolts.

All HSS steel from China, that is used as part of a SCBF or OCBF, or highly loaded axially, has been subjected to ultrasonic weld verification, as an added Test and Inspection line item. DSA has had this requirement, but relaxed it recently, but I am not aware the issue was resolved.

Rick

Thanks for that, Rick. I should mention that I'm specifically interested in W, C and L shapes, as that's what we primarily use.

(N.B. who is "DSA"?)