Re: CHINESE STEEL

How about the Olympic Bird Net?  Is it still standing?

From: "bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc" <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:21:06 AM
Subject: CHINESE STEEL

We've got an overseas job (so "Buy American" isn't an issue) where they're contemplating using structural steel from the Peoples' Republic of China.

I'd like to know if anyone has any direct or indirect experience with use of Chinese-made steel. And please, I'm not looking for hearsay (heck, I could contribute that myself), but actual anecdotal evidence of problems (or sucesses) with its use. Specific details would be a plus.

I know that a lot of foreign-made steel was problematic in the past, and I also know that the PRC hasn't got the best rep regarding quality control for a wide range of manufactured goods in the very recent past.

But what I'm looking for is solid information.

Thanks in advance.