Non Engineering question

Since we have tons knowledge engineering topics, I have one question about sport.  Why many final National champion games in USA are playing on Monday in lieu of Saturday or Sunday?

For example the basketball NCAA National Champion is on April 6 which is Monday.  I think football, hockey and many similar sports the National Champion will fall on Monday.