RE: Non Engineering question

Ken:

Like anything, its all about money and therefore TV ratings…

In the US, championship games are usually played in “Prime Time” i.e., the evening,

So as to secure the highest audience possible.

On the case of the NCAA Basketball Championship, the “Final Four” (National semi-finals) is played

Late Saturday afternoon and early evening with the National Championship played Monday

Evening.

I believe CBS paid $1,000,000,000.00 for the TV rights for the NCAA, so they understandably wish to recoup their

Investment.

The Super Bowl is similar; it used to be played Sunday at noon; but the TV ratings (and alcohol sales)

were much better later in the day, so now kickoff is typically at 6:15 pm EST.

Cheers,

David L. Fisher SE PE

Fisher and Partners - Cayman

372 West Ontario Chicago 60610