Re: CHINESE STEEL

Did it have corrosion protection?

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 11:58 AM, <Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com> wrote:
The main thing I remember about Korean steel -- actually rebar -- a long time ago, was that it was distinctly purple.

Ralph

In a message dated 4/1/09 11:54:16 AM, dmorris(--nospam--at)bbfm.com writes:
I was involved with a similar situation using Korean steel.  We were
given the main section parameters (Ix, Sx, Zx, etc) .  We weren't given
J and Cw so we had to use the conservative equation for calculating Lr
for calculating the moment capacity under lateral-torsional buckling.
When we were mostly done, we found out that the promised steel strength
of 50 ksi was actually 46 ksi.  The other item I remember that there
wasn't the wide suite of sections that you get in North America.

Worried about job security? Check out the 5 safest jobs in a recession. (http://jobs.aol.com/gallery/growing-job-industries?ncid=emlcntuscare00000003)