Sizing Cable Restraints

I am trying to use a horizontal aircraft cable to support a string of lights against lateral movement (no vertical loads).  The cable will span between the two exterior walls I am trying to figure out  how much tension will be created in the cable when the lights push on it.  This is similar to a bow and arrow, you pull the string creating tension which in turn pulls on the bow.  I can determine the tension in the cable by how much it is elongated but how do I determine the elongation because of the lights pushing on it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank-you,

Joe Goldbronn