From: Drew Morris [mailto:dmorris(--nospam--at)bbfm.com]
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2009 10:04 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Arena Guardrail Deflections

That deflection works out to be about L/149. We typically design for
L/180. As for the top rail, how far are the posts apart? Under the IBC,
you would need to check the top rail for a 200# load in any direction.
Is there something similar in Canada? If so, the 1"x2" rail may require
closer spacing of the posts due to weak axis bending.