RE: Arena Guardrail Deflections

In Canada, for locations of assembly/egress, horiz load >= 206 plf and vert load >= 102plf.

In “normal” circumstances the horiz load need only be 52plf or point load of 225lbf.

Thor

From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2009 10:45 AM
To: dmorris(--nospam--at)bbfm.com; seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Arena Guardrail Deflections

In a message dated 4/6/09 10:04:05 AM, dmorris(--nospam--at)bbfm.com writes:

Under the IBC,
you would need to check the top rail for a 200# load in any direction.

I take this to mean literally "any" direction, including upward and also parallel to the top rail.  Lengthwise, with a continuous top rail, the 200# load would be distributed among several posts, meaning that the posts could be weaker in this direction.  Am I thinking right?

Ralph

Worried about job security? Check out the 5 safest jobs in a recession. (http://jobs.aol.com/gallery/growing-job-industries?ncid=emlcntuscare00000003)