Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Off Topic - Good news from Vish[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: steel steel <steel-detail(--nospam--at)yahoogroups.com>, seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Off Topic - Good news from Vish
- From: G Vishwanath <gvshwnth(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
- Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 08:36:50 -0700 (PDT)
Two years ago, I had shared my happiness as a proud Father when I announced that my son Nakul Krishna had been elected one of the five Rhodes Scholars from India for the year 2007. He has been studying at Oxford University since then.
Friends on the list have occasionally written asking about his progress and welfare.
I have replied to all who wrote.
The latest news is that he has just been selected by the British Government for an even handsomer scholarship to further pursue his studies and research in his subject (Pilosophy ) at Oxford University for two more years.
He has just been awarded the Clarendon Fund and Overseas Research Student Scholarships for two more years , 2009 to 2011
All tuition fees and college fees are covered and a liberal living allowance is also given.
The Clarendon Fund makes awards to the most academically able international graduate students to study at the University of Oxford.
The Overseas Research Student Scholarship are given by the British Governemnt to help outstanding International students undertake research at Post Graduate Level in the UK.
My career as a structural engineer is nearing it's end.
What a satisfying way to end it!
God is great.
I wish to share my happiness with all of you.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Nonstructural Components - how far to carry Fp?
- Next by Subject: Re: Off Topic - Good news from Vish
- Previous by thread: RE: Arena Guardrail Deflections
- Next by thread: Re: Off Topic - Good news from Vish