Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
"It's not in our culture"[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: "It's not in our culture"
- From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 11:12:04 EDT
As reported by AP/ENR, an Italian government official stated that "It's not in our culture to construct buildings the right way in a quake zone - that is, build buildings that can resist (quakes) and retrofit old ones. This has never been done."
They say you get a mule to do what you want by first getting its attention by hitting it on the head with a 2x4. I would think that had already been done in Italy's case, by past devastating earthquakes, but I guess not.
Worried about job security? Check out the 5 safest jobs in a recession. (http://jobs.aol.com/gallery/growing-job-industries?ncid=emlcntuscare00000003)
- Prev by Subject: Re: "Done Been Laid Off Blues"
- Next by Subject: RE: "It's not in our culture"
- Previous by thread: Re: OT? "Lie To Me"
- Next by thread: RE: "It's not in our culture"