Re: Wind Load on Carport

Where and how  can one find: ASCE 7-05 has section 6.5.13 for the design of open buildings with monoslope, pitched, or troughed roofs?

Dieter Schmied
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 8:23 PM
Subject: Re: Wind Load on Carport

ASCE 7-05 has section 6.5.13 for the design of open buildings with monoslope, pitched, or troughed roofs.

Jerry Coombs wrote:
I have an apartment parking cover, simple steel frames w/ metal deck.  It is
20 cars.  They are simple double T frames w/ purlins, etc.

How would I get the uplift loads.  ASCE 7 wants Method 2, 6.5.8.2 if I read
it correctly.  That's a bit extensive, I'd think.
Is there an acceptable "Rational Analysis" per 6.5.8.3 that is commonly
used?

Thanks in advance.
jdc

Jerry D. Coombs, P.E.