From: Jerry Coombs [mailto:jdcengr(--nospam--at)verizon.net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 5:09 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Wind Load on Carport

I have an apartment parking cover, simple steel frames w/ metal deck.  It is
20 cars.  They are simple double T frames w/ purlins, etc.

How would I get the uplift loads.  ASCE 7 wants Method 2, 6.5.8.2 if I read
it correctly.  That's a bit extensive, I'd think.
Is there an acceptable "Rational Analysis" per 6.5.8.3 that is commonly
used?

Thanks in advance.
jdc

Jerry D. Coombs, P.E.