Re: Tubular Steel Bridge Review

On Apr 9, 2009, at 11:13 AM, Ashraf Manjappara wrote:

I express my sincere gratitude to all those responded to my querry. Your opinions and insights are very valuable to me as well as the project which I am involved. It is a great thing to realise that the list members dedication to respond to technical querries even in their busy schedule.

Not to rain on the parade, but you'll need to account for all the help you've gotten with the review when you stamp the results and and in doing so affirm that it's your work, done under your supervision and that you have all the expertise required to make the proper design decisions. This may not apply to the jurisdiction where you're working, but it would certainly get you in trouble in Florida at least, and probably in Minnesota. You're getting good advice, but you want to be real careful about relying on what amounts to hearsay if it comes time for you to explain your recommendations to a your supervisions or a building official.

http://www.skypoint.com/members/chrisw/