RE: Retaining wall footing resultant CBC

This is an arguable issue, but I accept the design if outside middle third if soil pressure OK and stability >1,5.

Hugh

From: Jeff Smith [mailto:jeffsmith7(--nospam--at)comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2009 9:44 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Retaining wall footing resultant CBC

California Building Code section 1806A.1 requires the resultant must be in the middle half using 1605A.3 load combinations. I don't see this requirement in chapter 1806. For non essential facilities are there any requirements for the retaining wall resultant, or do we just need a 1.5 safety factor?

Jeff