Re: SE Internship Program

Title: Re: SE Internship Program

        Jose,

                We have internships for college students studying civil engineering with a structural emphasis. We are a precast concrete manufacturer, so do more than design. Interns start working in QC for a few weeks, as that is a good introduction to all the things that go on. We cycle them through marketing, sales, field operations and engineering. If theyve had some structural courses, they can do some design with a senior engineer. We do our best to explain what they need to do, then let them do it with a review after. They learn fast. If they have had few or no structural courses summer after their first college year we can still find things around the department, but we get students coming to us because we challenge them and theyve been bored elsewhere drafting all summer. Now I think drafting is a good background for a good engineer, but there are other things, too.

        HTH,

        Jim Getaz