Was the "Egineer of Record" defined in 2007 California Building Code?

Hello,

I am reviewing a set of drawing submitted to us by an A/E office from LA area.

The term "Engineer of Record" is used a lot on the design drawings.

I searched in Chap 17 of CBC and could not find the term EOR being
defined. (did CBC replace IBC's term with
a_registered_design_engineer?)

Harold Sprague in his 10/29/08  e-mail said that the City of LA has a
document describes the duties and responsibility of EOR very clear.

I had a little difficulty to find that LA bldg Dept document.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Szuchuan Chang, SE