plywood

My understanding is that the shear values in Chapter 23 of the CBC are for sheathing panels that are rated.  I believe the common spec is "per APA PS-1"  (can't remember off hand).  However, regardless if ply or OSB, as long as the panel bears an APA stamp with the span rating and PS-1, then it provides the shear capacity listed in Tables 23-II- whatever...  HTH.

--
David Topete, SE