Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: plywood[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAINT" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: plywood
- From: "Paul Guthrie" <PGuthrie(--nospam--at)simivalley.org>
- Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 08:48:24 -0700
For the 2007 CBC, APA PS 1-95 is for plywood, PS 2-95 is for OSB. They are considered equivalent and are generally described as "APA Rated Panels."
Paul Guthrie, PE
Building & Safety
City of Simi Valley
>>> David Topete <d.topete73(--nospam--at)gmail.com> 04/16/2009 8:11 AM >>>
My understanding is that the shear values in Chapter 23 of the CBC are for sheathing panels that are rated. I believe the common spec is "per APA PS-1" (can't remember off hand). However, regardless if ply or OSB, as long as the panel bears an APA stamp with the span rating and PS-1, then it provides the shear capacity listed in Tables 23-II- whatever... HTH.
David Topete, SE
Email secured by Check Point
- From: David Topete
- Prev by Subject: plywood
- Next by Subject: Plywood Shear wall
- Previous by thread: plywood
- Next by thread: Public Works Project & Building Code