RE: Was the "Egineer of Record" defined in 2007 California Building Code?

I believe the discussion regarded obligations for verifying construction and general compliance with the intent of the design documents in the field.  Los Angeles produced this document as a guide.

http://www.ci.la.ca.us/LADBS/faq/info%20bulletins/building%20code/IB-P-BC%202002-024%20Structural%20Observation.pdf

On page 10 you will find reference to "Architect or Engineer of Record".  Throughout the IBC, there are many references to the 'Registered Design Professional".  On a code level, we have to maintain this vernacular.

CASE uses the term Structural Engineer of Record.

Regards, Harold Sprague

> Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 15:04:34 -0700
> Subject: Was the "Egineer of Record" defined in 2007 California Building Code?
> From: szuchuan(--nospam--at)gmail.com
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
>
> Hello,
>
> I am reviewing a set of drawing submitted to us by an A/E office from LA area.
>
> The term "Engineer of Record" is used a lot on the design drawings.
>
> I searched in Chap 17 of CBC and could not find the term EOR being
> defined. (did CBC replace IBC's term with
> a_registered_design_engineer?)
>
> Harold Sprague in his 10/29/08 e-mail said that the City of LA has a
> document describes the duties and responsibility of EOR very clear.
>
> I had a little difficulty to find that LA bldg Dept document.
>
> Can anybody help?
>
> Thanks
>
> Szuchuan Chang, SE

> *
> *
> * http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
> *
> * site at: http://www.seaint.org

Rediscover Hotmail®: Now available on your iPhone or BlackBerry Check it out.