Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: ACI 318 Appendix D[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: ACI 318 Appendix D
- From: "Freeman Tang" <FTang(--nospam--at)gouvisgroup.com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 14:51:01 -0700
We also use through-bolts for fixing missing holdowns at shear wall ends. Per Appendix D section 2.2 through bolts are not included.
In our office, we through-bolt all our concrete anchors and avoid Appendix D entirely.
One engineer in our office has a detail where he attaches the heads of his anchor bolts to chains which are in turn fastened to large chunks of Iron dropped in the bottom of the concrete pour, all to avoid Appendix D.
"We don't need no stinkin' Appendix D".
From: Bill Allen
O.K., I've beaten my head against the wall long enough. I've decided that a post-installed anchor won't work in tension for anything I design.
I feel better now.
T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: ACI 318 Appendix D
- Next by Subject: Re: ACI 318 Appendix D
- Previous by thread: RE: ACI 318 Appendix D
- Next by thread: RE: ACI 318 Appendix D