Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 14:08
Subject: RE: ACI 318 Appendix D

In our office, we through-bolt all our concrete anchors and avoid Appendix D entirely.

One engineer in our office has a detail where he attaches the heads of his anchor bolts to chains which are in turn fastened to large chunks of Iron dropped in the bottom of the concrete pour, all to avoid Appendix D.

"We don't need no stinkin' Appendix D".