Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: ACI 318 Appendix D[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: ACI 318 Appendix D
- From: bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc
- Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 18:19:14 -0400
In our office, we through-bolt all our concrete anchors and avoid Appendix D entirely.
One engineer in our office has a detail where he attaches the heads of his anchor bolts to chains which are in turn fastened to large chunks of Iron dropped in the bottom of the concrete pour, all to avoid Appendix D.
"We don't need no stinkin' Appendix D".
You have made SCORES of Structural Engineering Ph.D. candidates, most of whom have traveled a long, long way, studied for months for the TOEFL, have been subsisting largely on cheese, crackers, diet Pepsi, and more crackers, live in a roach-infested single-room efficiency apartment where they cook their cheese-and-cracker soufle on an illegal hot-plate...well, you've made them very sad.
Do THEIR lives have no meaning, Ugly American?
- Prev by Subject: RE: ACI 318 Appendix D
- Next by Subject: RE: ACI 318 Appendix D
- Previous by thread: Re: ACI 318 Appendix D
- Next by thread: Re: ACI 318 Appendix D