From: Haan, Scott M POA [mailto:Scott.M.Haan(--nospam--at)usace.army.mil]
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 1:39 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Bobcat S220 on existing 4" slab-on-grade

I am dealing with an existing 4" slab-on-grade where the building
occupants want to drive a Bobcat S220 skid steer loader on the floor
which will conservatively have a maximum axle load of around 10 kips.
There will be very intermittent traffic on the floor. I am trying to
determine whether to tell them to put a topping slab on the existing
floor.

I checked the slab and think it will be ok for the loads with the PCA
method.
My main concern is the control joints have one no. 3 through them every
36 inches on center and whether this could pose problems with movement
between the edges.

Any thoughts?