From: Freeman Tang <FTang(--nospam--at)gouvisgroup.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 3:56 pm
Subject: RE: ACI 318 Appendix D

Hi Bill,
For interior footings we will try to use post-installed anchors if they work;  however to the best that we can justify these post-installed anchors nowadays ,per Appendix D, can hold up to about 7 kips with 6” edge distance.  Using through-bolts is one of our options if the load goes beyond this magnitude for interior footing.  Off course the concrete slab has to be sawcut or removed before through-bolts can be installed.