CMU California Practice in the 1950's

I am working on a project originally constructed in the 1950's in the Vandenberg area.  They have some CMU masonry walls in which I need to provide new openings.

I know that it has been the general practice in California to grout CMU walls solid since at least the 1980's.  Was it the general practice to grout walls solid in this area of California in the 1950's?

Regards, Harold Sprague

Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Get 25 GB of free online storage. Check it out.