From: Truitt [mailto:truitt2(--nospam--at)ashleyvance.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 10:03 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Sleeve through footing

You could use a "sill sealer" tape, it is compressible polyethylene foam,
typically wrapped around all pipes through slabs and footings to protect the
pipe from breaking.  You could get 1" or so of space around the pipe with
this foam fairly easily.  People outside of California use it between the
mud sill and the concrete to help with weatherproofing.

tv