Westergaard Formula for Point Loads on One-Way Slab

Does anyone happen to have a pdf of an explanation of the Westergaard formula for the effective width of point loads on one-way slabs? I am looking for a credible resource for finding the effective width of a one-way slab for point loads. I read in the Eng-Tips Forum that the AASHTO equations are adapted from the Westergaard formula for application to truck loading. If I am applying the code prescribed point loads to a slab on a 4.5 in x 4.5 in square area I think the AASHTO equations are too liberal. The contact area for a truck tire is much larger than the 4.5x4.5 contact area.

Thanks,
Jeremy