Re-use of self-drilled holes

I have a project where some hex head self-drillers have been used to secure some light gauge steel framing blocking. The exterior veneer panels to be installed over the blocking cannot be installed over the thick heads, so the contractor is considering switching to pan head screws of identical diameter and thread pitch.

If the screws are withdrawn and the new screw run into the same hole I should end up with a similar load capacity condition (i.e. - as if I had drilled and tapped), but I'm interested to find out if there are either (a) specific prohibitions on the practice in the CFS standard, or (b) other test data/tech sheets which show significant capacity reductions for this practice. The steel is 18 and 16 gauge.

--
Jordan