RE: High Mast Light Pole Anchor Bolts

Jordan,

I will do some research on this, but my guess is I would need to increase the size of the hole in the base plate to get the coupler to fit.  I will have to check my photos to see how much room I have.

Rich

From: Jordan Truesdell, PE [mailto:seaint2(--nospam--at)truesdellengineering.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 10:07 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: High Mast Light Pole Anchor Bolts

Any chance you can use a coupler nut and all-thread to extend your gap?

Jordan

seaint04(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com wrote:

Bob,

Thanks for your repsonse.

I know the highway department typically does not grout below the baseplate.
 My challenge with this situation is the bolts are set and the heights
can't be adjusted to fit a nut underneath.  Since I don't now much about
the original steel, welding a bolt extension is probably not wise.  I
probably can get about 3/4" grout thickness out of the present situation.
It puzzles me that if double nuts are a better design why it is not done.
All of the lights I observed had grout below the baseplate.  Some grout
pads were up to 3" thick.

Rich

On Tue, 5 May 2009 06:59:22 -0700, "Garner, Robert"