Re: 2010 - ASCE President Election

ASCE members:

I have had the pleasure of serving with Kathy Caldwell on the ASCE Executive Committee, Board of Direction, and Strategic Planning Committee.  Based on this experience, I know that she will be a terrific ASCE President.  Four traits stand out:

(1) Values – She consistently does the right thing, even if it occasionally goes against the grain.

(2) Leadership – She listens, thinks, and then speaks … in that order.

(3) Passion – If anyone has ever had more ASCE blood in their veins, I have yet to meet them.

(4) Fun – She makes even the most tedious ASCE service enjoyable for everyone around her.

I therefore believe that Kathy Caldwell will be an excellent steward of ASCE over the next three years.  I have formally endorsed her candidacy.  So has ASCE's Structural Engineering Institute (SEI).  You might also be interested to know that Kathy is a structural engineer!

DISCLAIMER: While Kathy and I share the same excellent surname, we are related only by friendship and have never worked for the same employer.

Regards,

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E., SECB, F.ASCE

ASCE Executive Committee, 11/07-11/08

ASCE Board of Direction, 10/05-11/08

Chair, ASCE Technical Region, 10/05-11/08