Re: Dr. Charles Carter, PhD

Harold:

I attended the Structures Congress in Austin and so did Charlie Carter.  It was announced at the awards luncheon that Charlie could not attend because he had just defended his PhD dissertation the previous day.  Charlie then popped up in the back of the room.  Later, at a reception with adult beverages in hand, Charlie confirmed to me that he did indeed receive his PhD a day earlier from IIT, the Illinois Institute of Technology.  He repeated it a couple of times, wanting to make sure that I understood that IIT was not ITT.  When I asked if this meant a promotion, he responded that it allows him to keep his current job.

Oh, and he still answers to Charlie.

Regards,

Stan Caldwell in Texas