Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Subgrade Drag Equation[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Subgrade Drag Equation
- From: "Mark Puccio" <mpuccio(--nospam--at)mpsqrd.com>
- Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 17:09:20 -0500
We are working on an industrial farm project that has a large slab-on-ground. All joints need to have waterstop installed, so we have been told to minimize the number to as few as possible. I was given, by our client, a reference for joint spacing using the subgrade drag equation. This reference refers to ACI 360 of which I have the ACI360R-06 but do not find this equation in it. It also shows joint spacing at 79-feet with #4 at 18. Wow this sounds like cracks waiting to happen. Not wanting to get sued spurs some questions.
Does anyone know if this equation is acceptable with current ACI?
Has anyone used this type of spacing with good results?
Is this in the 360R-06 or where might if find it.
Besides good curing, low W/C ratio what other factors (besides shrinkage compensating concrete $) were used in your successful project?
- Prev by Subject: RE: Structural stuff on TV
- Next by Subject: RE: Subgrade Drag Equation
- Previous by thread: Re: Dr. Charles Carter, PhD
- Next by thread: RE: Subgrade Drag Equation