RE: PDFs

Wow I never thought that pdf's were such a heated topic of concern among
other structural engineers?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jordan Truesdell, PE [mailto:seaint2(--nospam--at)truesdellengineering.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:55 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: PDFs

The PC version is practically identical. The issue I have is that while
it can print perfectly at 100% scale, you cannot force a specific
partial scale, or define an exact print window from the screen (i.e.
select exactly one detail and print, or print a 22x34 onto 11x17 at
exactly 50% scale).  I have Acrobat Pro for everyone in the office and
it works well 99% of the time.   I love the ability to digitally certify
prints, though the inability to have multiple certifications or to
incorporate the PDF into a second set with the certification intact can
be a bit annoying. It also can't seem to save as a TIFF file (which my
plotter requires) at higher than 300dpi, though other programs can.

I do want to hear (sorry lost the post) about the wipeout issue in
plots. We have it, and sometimes it only occurs on other peoples PDFs.
Weird. I'd love to know the workaround, even if it is a bit odd.

Jordan