Re: PDFs

Oh....I think I see the disconnect. I can print _to_ PDF anyway I like, at any scale, using CAD and the Adobe printer driver, but if I receive a PDF from someone else, I can't turn that into a reduced size hard copy in Acrobat. As for the different versions, I have 8 and everyone else has 9 in my office. My version has a dynamic zoom option on the toolbar which works identically to AutoCAD's scroll wheel (zoom with the wheel, click+drag to pan). The new version doesn't have that. Go figure.

At this point, my critical driving factor for wanting a new laptop is to get a faster processor so I can read drawing PDFs easier. It can take 5-10 seconds to draw a single D size page (what is adobe doing with those 18.6 billion operations, I sometimes wonder, with only 2 million pixels on the screen).

Jordan