Re: PDFs

The nice scaling feature on the Mac is a function of the Mac OS (been there
forever) rather than Adobe's slip-up in Windows.

Does Vista have a built-in "print" to PDF function like the Mac OS?

Recently bought Acrobat Standard 8 Win (current version 9) for $45 - damn
near free - includes incredible functionality beyond the free ones. Gotta
love obsolescence ;)

If you buy the Fujitsu Scansnap (Mac or Win), you get a full copy of Acrobat
Standard FREE, plus more - the retail price of the software is about the
cost of the scanner or vice versa. The Scansnap is one of those devices that
has saved me countless hours managing the paper that I receive; Sheetfed,
single-pass, colour, duplex(!), deskew, despeckle, blank side recognition,
up to 50 sheets in the feeder.

One of the best features of Acrobat on Windows is the plug-in to Outlook: it
permits direct PDF archiving of emails individually or by folder, with
attachments intact, ... really great for archiving projects. Additionally,
it is only a one extra step process to be able to print ranges of pages from
Outlook 2007+ - something that MS locked out for some reason.

Regards
Paul
--
Paul Ransom, P.Eng.