Re: PDFs

At the risk of sounding like a BlueBeam fanboy, BlueBeam can do all of this.  You can:
  1. Print at any custom scale you choose.
  2. Print a "window" of one detail off a sheet of details at 50% on whatever paper size you like.
  3. Digitally sign/certify prints.
  4. Save a .pdf to .tiff (although I'm not sure at what dpi)
  5. Print high quality pdfs directly from AutoCAD
http://www.bluebeam.com/web07/us/products/revu/standard/

Tripp