RE: Rolling Files

Access floor people have a different idea on rolling loads.  I have encountered this for rolling security files.  The loads can be significant.
http://www.tateaccessfloors.com/pdf/technical_bulletin_301_design_load.pdf

Regards, Harold Sprague

> From: vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
> Subject: Rolling Files
> Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 06:27:19 -0700
>
> Morning.
>

> Does anyone have an idea what to use for "rolling files" live load? I have
> a # of 14kPa (300psf+/-).
>

> "Rolling files" are such as moveable library files and book stands.
> Possibly moveable warehouse storage shelving .?
>

> TIA
>

> Thor A. Tandy P.Eng, C.Eng, Struct.Eng, MIStructE
> Victoria, BC
> Canada

> *
> *
> * http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
> *
> * site at: http://www.seaint.org

Hotmail® has a new way to see what's up with your friends. Check it out.