Anybody Know About Ladders?

Got a small indy job. Anyone know the precise requirements for access ladders? There seem to be a boatload of differentiated OSHA requirements depending upon the use.

Normally I"m used to dealing with petrochem plants, etc. where they have to have "night access," "severe service," etc.

But all's I need in this case is a ladder to access a maintenance platform fifteen feet above grade, where the owner of a commercial building wants to place his outside A/C units so they don't get stolen or vandalized (the times we live in, etc.) It think it'll have to have a locking door, presumably at the bottom of the cage, so the little darlings don't get daring.

I see a bunch of places where I can order caged ladders to length, but I don't want to tell the client he has to buy a ladder that's way too expensive for him.

Any suggestions?