From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 11:15 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Anybody Know About Ladders?

Got a small indy job. Anyone know the precise requirements for access
ladders? There seem to be a boatload of differentiated OSHA requirements
depending upon the use.

Normally I"m used to dealing with petrochem plants, etc. where they have
to have "night access," "severe service," etc.

But all's I need in this case is a ladder to access a maintenance
platform fifteen feet above grade, where the owner of a commercial
building wants to place his outside A/C units so they don't get stolen
or vandalized (the times we live in, etc.) It think it'll have to have a
locking door, presumably at the bottom of the cage, so the little
darlings don't get daring.

I see a bunch of places where I can order caged ladders to length, but I
don't want to tell the client he has to buy a ladder that's way too
expensive for him.

Any suggestions?