RE: Anybody Know About Ladders?

Bill,

In the past, I've followed the requirements of the Federal CFR 29, Part
1910.26 and 1910.27 for portable and fixed ladders respectively. They
give the general minimum requirements.

If my memory is correct (which might be suspect after too many years of
rugby) part 1910.27 also addresses cages, which I believe are needed
when the ladder run is 20ft. or taller.

At 15ft. you might be able to use an un-caged ladder with a harness
attachment for the climber.

Hope this helps. Also, sorry to have read your blues news. Hope you can
find something soon.

Regards,
Tom

Thomas J. Cummings, PE
Manager - Bridge Design Practice
Gannett Fleming Engineers and Architects, P.C.
One Penn Plaza, Suite 2222
250 West 34th Street
New York, NY 10119 USA

P: (212) 967-9833 Ext. 5244