Re: Anybody Know About Ladders?

Bill:

If the main concern is theft, I recommend against a fixed ladder.  An extension ladder, stored behind locked doors, ought to work just fine.

Sorry to hear your news.  When layoffs reach Texas, it is a sure sign that things are terrible nationwide.  I am surprised that WJE has a shrinking backlog.  With so much of their work being forensic and expert witness stuff, I would have expected them to be growing during this recession.  I know that you have a big network of contacts and colleagues in the Houston area.  Get off the list and get on the phone!  Also, you used to have your own structures shop in Katy.  Why not resurrect it?

I have expanded my group 77% since the first of the year, all driven by massive highway bridge design work that is entirely unrelated to federal funding.  About a month ago, I finally stopped hiring.  Everybody else in the Dallas area seems to be laying off.

Good luck,

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E., SECB, F.ASCE
Halff Associates, Inc.
Richardson, Texas

We've already had too much economic growth in the United States.

Economic growth in rich countries like ours is the disease, not the cure.

Actually, the problem in the world is that there are too many rich people.

                                                                                    …Paul Ehrlich, 1990