From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 2:56 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: AUTOCAD: Extracting 2D Section from 3D Frame Model

First of all, you'd think this would be among the simplest of things to do,
but I declare to you that I've spent two hours searching the Autocad help
files AND the web with no luck. Everything I find has to do with 3D SOLIDS
modeling.

I have a relatively simple 3D frame - just four columns connected by girders
and some floor framing at the top of the "box." I just want to be able to
show ONLY the plan, and ONLY one elevation view at a time, in a viewport.

You'd think there'd be a simple "near and far clipping planes" setting that
would allow you to do this, but I don't see it. As it is, you are obliged to
show everything from a certain view.

There's the "elevation" command. If you could give the elevation in a view,
then tell it how far from the reference "elevation" below and above it, that
would work, but again, I don't see it.

Anybody?