Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
galvanized vs electroplate[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: galvanized vs electroplate
- From: PFFEI(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 15:30:15 EDT
the building code specifically requires hot dip galvanized wherever metal is in contact with pressure treated framing. city of LA plan includes this in plan check correction sheets and requires it to be written onto plans. in practical application, suppliers do not seem to be changing stock to hot dip galvanized for rods and hangers (hot dip galvanized nails seem to be readily available). we have contacted a couple of suppliers and they do not stocking hot dip galvanized rods and Simpson hangers in hot dip galvanized are a special order.
i am curious how others are handling this issue. is electroplated steel (readily available) sufficient for rods and is the standard Simpson coating (galvanized G90) adequate for hangers?
thank you for your comments.
paul franceschi, s.e.
- Prev by Subject: RE: FRP Retrofit
- Next by Subject: RE: galvanized vs electroplate
- Previous by thread: Re: the use of T1-11 Siding Plywood
- Next by thread: RE: galvanized vs electroplate