RE: SMF connection

No, RBS

Must be for bolted SMF?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tarek Mokhtar [mailto:Tarekmokhtar(--nospam--at)earthlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 4:25 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: SMF connection

At the roof level of a multistory SMF, The City of L.A quality assurance
plans shows the top of the column to be three inches higher than the top
of the beam framing into it, and I can not find that in the seismic
provisions, anybody know the reason for those extra 3" and whether they
are required or merely recommended?

Thanx in advance
--
Tarek Mokhtar, SE