RE: Enercalc 6-2D Frame Analysis question

A couple engineers on the list contacted me in private discussing the question I posted. Just to be clear, I do have maintenance program with Enercalc. The main reason I posted the question here is that I wanted to take advantage of a vast brain trust of the community which composed of a lot of smart people who is willing to share. There are so many things one can learn here. I remember back in the early time of the list, around 1998-1999..there was a discussion of master and slave relationship and Bruce Bates came out participated in the discussion with many others. That was a feast, to me. Knowing RISA by the time it was still 2D in my school, but having Bruce in that discussion was great, having so many talented engineers interact in that back and forth discussion was great. I do miss that time. Denis Wish at the time had a long discussion, other debate rather on SE and PE license...sorry Denis if I bring your name in my thread. I still remember the first question somebody posted back then on the push over...and somebody else explained what it is...so, in short, I want to thank all who share opinion, advise and suggestion with me on this list or in private.

Phuong Nguyen

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 2:18 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Enercalc 6-2D Frame Analysis question

Bill Polhemus wrote:

> Your following message has been delivered to the list
>  seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org at 13:43:26 on 1 Jun 2009.
>

> Michael Brooks wrote:
>> Sir, Please always contact ENERCALC technical support...
>>
> TRANSLATION: This is embarrassing.
>

> Mr. Brooks: the OP should be excused for asking his question of this
> list. Most software companies require that you pay for support above
> and beyond what you pay for software.
>
> In essence, if the software has bugs, the developers would like you to
> pay for them to find and fix them.
BTW, this wasn't aimed at Enercalc particularly. You could fill in the
name of just about any major software title, and the comment would still
apply.

This electronic message transmission contains information from the Port of Los Angeles, which may be confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the content of this information is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original message and any attachment without reading or saving in any manner.