Sent: Friday, June 05, 2009 8:16 AM
Subject: RE: Recommendation for Special CE Exam

Rajenndra ?

I thought that the books that PPI sells were a good reference.  I used the Surveying Principles, 120 Solved Surveying Problems, and Civil Surveying books and I thought the books were an accurate study guide for the test.  I was weaker on surveying than I was on seismic, so I got all three.

As far as seismic is concerned, PPI also sells a very good basic book, Seismic Design of Building Structures, but I would also recommend Farzad Naem?s Seismic Design Handbook.

Brian S Bossley, P.E.

7610 Olentangy River Rd

Columbus, OH 43235

(614) 847-1110 x 121 (ph)