From: <lrhauer(--nospam--at)earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 3:51 PM
Subject: Srength design Wind Load Factors
To: SEAOC <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

To All,

I am designing concrete anchorage for an antenna, (epoxied threaded rods into existing concrete. I noticed in the '06 CBC, Section 1605 that the wind design factor for strength design is 1.6W. I always thought it was 1.3W. Can anyone shead some light on this increase, or has it always been 1.6?

Thanks in advance.

Larry Hauer S.E.

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org