RE: FRP Retrofit

Quake Wrap as previously mentioned is a good product with good support.  Another consideration would be Helitech http://hj3.com/.  They also have good technical support.

Regards, Harold Sprague

From: thilton(--nospam--at)lhcengineers.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: FRP Retrofit
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 10:34:18 -0400

Can somebody point me to a good source of info for using FRP “strips” to reinforce existing concrete?

Specifically I’m interested in strengthening an existing flat plate slab to add a new penthouse on top.  The addition will also require a large number of 12” to 14” square penetrations for new mechanical units.  I need some ballpark figures for a cost estimate ASAP.

I would appreciate any insight.

Thanks,

Timothy K. Hilton, E.I.

Engineering Intern

LHC STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS

P.O. Box 10567

1015 Wade Avenue

Raleigh, NC 27605-0567

919.832.5587 x 20

thilton(--nospam--at)lhcengineers.com

Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Get 25 GB of free online storage. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.