ASCE Presidential Election

ASCE Members:

Voting in the 2010 ASCE Presidential Election commences on Monday, June 15.  I am writing to urge you to vote for Kathy Caldwell.  I have had the pleasure of serving with Kathy on the ASCE Executive Committee, Board of Direction, and Strategic Planning Committee.  Based on this experience, I know that she will be a terrific ASCE President.  Four traits stand out:

(1) Values – She consistently does the right thing, even if it occasionally goes against the grain.

(2) Leadership – She listens, thinks, and then speaks … in that order.

(3) Passion – If anyone has ever had more ASCE blood in their veins, I have yet to meet them.

(4) Fun – She makes even the most tedious ASCE service enjoyable for everyone around her.

I therefore believe that Kathy Caldwell will be an excellent steward of ASCE over the next three years.  I have formally endorsed her candidacy.  So has ASCE's Structural Engineering Institute (SEI) and Engineering Mechanics Institute (EMI).  Kathy is the only candidate who is a structural engineer, and she has no misrepresentations whatsoever in the materials posted on her campaign website.

You can visit her campaign website at:

http://kathyjcaldwell.com/

You can listen to her audio interview podcast at:

http://content.asce.org/files/other/ASCEElection_CALDWELL_V2a.mp3

And most importantly, you can vote for her at:

http://content.asce.org/Board%20Elections/2010/index.html

DISCLAIMER: While Kathy and I share the same excellent surname, we are related only by friendship and have never worked for the same employer.

Regards,

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E., SECB, F.ASCE

ASCE Executive Committee, 11/07-11/08
ASCE Board of Direction, 10/05-11/08
Chair, ASCE Technical Region, 10/05-11/08