Need a book?
Engineering books recommendations...
Return to index:
ASCE Presidential Election
- To: SEAINT Listserv <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: ASCE Presidential Election
- From: Stan Caldwell <stancaldwell(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 16:10:07 -0500
Voting in the 2010 ASCE Presidential Election commences on Monday, June 15. I am writing to urge you to vote for Kathy Caldwell. I have had the pleasure of serving with Kathy on the ASCE Executive Committee, Board of Direction, and Strategic Planning Committee. Based on this experience, I know that she will be a terrific ASCE President. Four traits stand out:
(1) Values – She consistently does the right thing, even if it occasionally goes against the grain.
(2) Leadership – She listens, thinks, and then speaks … in that order.
(3) Passion – If anyone has ever had more ASCE blood in their veins, I have yet to meet them.
(4) Fun – She makes even the most tedious ASCE service enjoyable for everyone around her.
I therefore believe that Kathy Caldwell will be an excellent steward of ASCE over the next three years. I have formally endorsed her candidacy. So has ASCE's Structural Engineering Institute (SEI) and Engineering Mechanics Institute (EMI). Kathy is the only candidate who is a structural engineer, and she has no misrepresentations whatsoever in the materials posted on her campaign website.
You can visit her campaign website at:
You can listen to her audio interview podcast at:
And most importantly, you can vote for her at:
DISCLAIMER: While Kathy and I share the same excellent surname, we are related only by friendship and have never worked for the same employer.
Stan R. Caldwell, P.E., SECB, F.ASCE
ASCE Executive Committee, 11/07-11/08
ASCE Board of Direction, 10/05-11/08
Chair, ASCE Technical Region, 10/05-11/08