From: Gary L. Hodgson and Assoc. [mailto:design(--nospam--at)hodgsoneng.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 7:45 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: FREE STRUCTURAL DESIGN SOFTWARE

Nathan,
I can't comment on the free composite beam problem, but I have been using theit TEDDS calculation sheets for several years and like several of the pre-written problems, e.g. rolling loads, continuous beams , reinf conc columns and a few others.  However I find writing your own solutions tedious and error prone.
Gary

Nathan Petersen wrote:
I finally had a chance to download and try this composite beam software.    What’s the catch?   It has a good interface and there’s a lot of information available on their website to help you learn how to use it.   It seems like a quality piece of software - I’m just about to start using it on a project.   Can anyone else share their experiences?

Thanks.

Nathan